- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
- added Additional nodes in music navigation tree
- added node "music/date", which groups music into era (like 60s, 70s, ...)
- node "music/format", which lists music by file extension, sample frequency and bits per sample
- slideshows in the web ui on mobile devices and tablets are now fullscreen WebUI with mobile-specific features
- fullscreen slideshows on Android and improved on iOS
- fullscreen video playback on mobile devices and tablets
- twonkyserver.twonky.com auto redirects to the local locally installed Twonky Server video playback is now fullscreen on mobile devices and tablets .
No need anymore to know the IP address and port of the device running Twonky Server. If there is more than one Twonky Server installed, a list will be provided.
- DSD and FLAC scanner extended to scan bits per sample and channels
- added .ini option to expose any mounted music CD in "Music/CD" instead of "Music/By Folder"
- added .ini option to have "music/format" in advanced navigation tree
- added .ini option x_dsf_mimetypes to set distinct mimetypes for .dsd, .dsf and .dff music items
- improved .ini option disable_dmr_plugins to also toggle Chromecast support
- improved Sharp Aquos device adaptation
- improved Twonky Server to pre-cache the picture thumbnails for the web ui
- improved Windows Media Player device adaption
- improved support for long paths (more than 256 characters) on Windows
- increased shutdown and restart speed
- updated music file scanners to never use filesystem metadata for dc:date property
- fixed DTCP-IP key handling
- fixed Oppo device adaptation
- fixed a problem with special characters in Lynx account password
- fixed download crash with DTCP download after DTCP playback [Android only]
- fixed mpeg parser for H264 with AC3
- fixed retrieval of saved custom trees in the navigation tree builder
- fixed wrong duration parsing in mpeg file scanner
- improved compatibility with Platinum UPnP stack
- no longer lists unsupported AppleTV models 4 and later
translations for new texts are missing for Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese and Korean
"My Russound" app does not show the correct album art when used with Twonky Server
- Roku does not support seek for music
- Twonky Server interferes AirTunes playback with Denon AVR-4311, as workaround disabling AppleTV support with disable_dmr_plugins=1 solves this
- UPnP inspector gets confused when Twonky Server provides multiple artist tags with different roles
- audiobooks can not be aggregated by other Twonky Servers
- beaming media from Mediatomb to Samsung TV D series does not work
- cannot beam multiple items to Xbox One
- duration calculation of MPEG2TS files is not accurate if timeseek generation is disabled
- error in Mac OS logs for filedb-delete is actually only a warning; operation is not impacted
- playback to AppleTV 4th gen with tvOS 10.2 or later is not supported
- thumbnails of some rotated images do not show up correctly in webUI
- updating from 7.x to 8.x with preserve settings leaves some files in c:\